Aspecta.id – Privacy Notice
Aspecta.id ("Aspecta") respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how information about you is collected, used and disclosed by nHorizon Corp. (“Company”, “we,”or “us”), the company that provides the Aspecta service. It applies to information we collect when you use the websites including www.aspecta.id, applications and online services provided by us in connection with Aspecta (collectively, the “Services”) or when you otherwise interact with us.
What Does Aspecta Do
Aspecta is a digital identity ecosystem provided by nHorizon Corp. which is headquartered in the U.S. For more information about Aspecta, please see our website at https://aspecta.id.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
When you access or use our Services including for a demo / trial, you provide certain information voluntarily, such as:
- Name, email address, any third-party accounts.
- Search terms (including keywords and filter values); and
- Any personal information contained in customer support requests.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: in connection with your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Device Information: in connection with the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: in connection with your location through various technologies, including by deriving approximate location from IP address and by collecting more precise location via our mobile apps.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. You may disable the use of such cookies at any time by way of your browser settings.
Information We Collect From Third Parties
When you use other online products and services, they may share information about that usage with us. We may receive information about you from third parties such as other Aspecta users, developers, and partners who help us evaluate the safety and quality of content on our platform, our corporate affiliates, and other services or third-party accounts you link to your Aspecta. Depending on the services or accounts you link, we will collect your information on those services or accounts with your explicit consent, including your username, email address, and activities. We do not collect sensitive data (e.g., health, political affiliation) from any of these sites. You may also choose to connect your Aspecta to your account on another service, and that other service may send us information about your activities on that service.
We may infer other characteristics about Aspecta users such as "likelihood to be a frontend developer", "proficiency of deep learning skill" based on your provided and consented information, such as codes, papers, patents, blogs, etc. All the information collected is used to allow Aspecta users to obtain an accurate profile and allow other applications or softwares to provide personalized services to Aspecta users.
Information About Children
We do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under the age of 16. If we discover we have received any personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you find information on Aspecta.id about anyone under the age of 16, please contact us at [email protected].
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services and develop new products and services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, confirmations and invoices, and other support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Company and others; and
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match your profile or interests.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you for the following purposes:
- With service providers that carry out work on our behalf, for example, third parties we partner with to invite you to our training or web events or analytics providers like Google to monitor the use and popularity of our Services;
- In response to a request for information from a competent law enforcement body, regulator, government agency, court or third party if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by: (i) any applicable law, regulation or legal process; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Company and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- If you have integrated or used any other applications or softwares with Aspecta, we will share data with those systems when you initiate the sharing via a button in the Aspecta.id user interface; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (European Economic Area (“EEA”) and UK users only)
If you are a user from the EEA or the UK, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measure we use, include designing and testing our software to be secure, encrypting all data in transit and at rest, regularly having a third party test our system for security vulnerabilities, and more.
International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed, in countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country. Specifically, our data centers are located in the U.S.. If you live outside the U.S., then by using our services, interacting with our website, or otherwise providing your personal data to us, your personal data will be transferred to and processed in the U.S.
For EEA, UK, and Swiss residents, you may complain to us about Privacy Shield related issues. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, we have chosen JAMS Privacy Shield Program to serve as an independent recourse mechanism for dispute resolution arising from collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the EEA, the UK, and Switzerland to the United States. The services of JAMS Privacy Shield Program are provided at no cost to you. Further, as explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address residual complaints not resolved by any other means. In cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EEA, UK, and Swiss individuals received pursuant to the Privacy Shield, Aspecta.id is potentially liable.
Given the judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union dated 16 July 2020 which invalidated the adequacy of the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss Data Protection Authority’s invalidation of the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework, we are increasingly relying on the European Commission Standard Contractual Clauses as a transfer compliance mechanism. We also continue to process relevant personal information in line with our obligations under the Privacy Shield.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you have an account with us, you may update your account information by logging into your online account. To delete your account, contact us at [email protected] Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for up to two months.
Data Protection Rights
If you are a user located in the EU and the UK, you have the ability to exercise the following rights:
- access or correct information (including such information displayed in your profile in the Aspecta.id profile) or to remove yourself from the database entirely;
- request portability, restriction of processing, objection to processing, update or correction in relation to your personal information; and
- if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to exercise any of these rights.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Disputes Regarding Our Privacy Practices
Except for residents of the EU, UK, and Switzerland, if you have a dispute relating to our privacy practices, please email us at [email protected]. Most can be resolved that way. If you are a customer or a user and we can’t resolve our dispute that way, then please consult your subscription services agreement with nHorizon Corp. For residents of the United States, nHorizon is subject to the investigative and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
For EU, UK, and Swiss residents, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Your Privacy Responsibilities
nHorizon will follow best practices to secure and maintain the privacy of Aspecta users. Additionally, Aspecta users have the responsibility for maintaining the security and privacy of their information in Aspecta by signing out of Aspecta when not using the system, not sharing Aspecta login information with others, controlling who they share Aspecta projects with, and securely disposing of any information downloaded or printed from Aspecta.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws. You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a user located in California, you have the ability to exercise the following rights:
- Aspecta.id’s Privacy Notice (this page) describes the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed for a business purpose, or sold over the preceding twelve (12) months. Please refer to the sections headed “Use of Customer Information” and “Information We Collect” to see specifically what is collected about you.
- You are entitled to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like to request this information, please submit a request to Aspecta.id at [email protected].
- You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information, described in the Section “Sharing Information.” If you wish to opt out of the sale of your personal information, you can do so by contacting us at [email protected].
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights under California law.
Any questions about this Privacy Notice or requests relating to the exercise of your data protection rights should be addressed to:
Attn: Legal, nHorizon Corp.
38728 Huntington Circle,
Fremont, CA 94536
The data controller of your personal information is nHorizon Corp.